Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day - Not Just for Lovers

Hello lovebugs!

Happy Valentine's Day! Whether you are celebrating with a special someone, family, friends, or on your own, it's a day about love and of course a day you can eat chocolate relatively guilt-free.

During this time of year, you have people who are entirely in love with love. There's red and pink everywhere, paper hearts, candies, balloons, teddy bears, and the infamous CHOCOLATE. Yes, chocolate had to be in all caps. I quite fancy chocolate, as do most people.

Sometimes single folks get put down on this particular holiday that seems to revolve around relationships. However, just because you are single, it does not mean that your super happily taken friends have to have all the fun. You can make the day what you want it to be. In fact, to be able to truly love someone else, you have to love yourself first. It does not make you conceited, it just means that you respect yourself and are happy about who you are. You don't need to rush to find "Mr. Prince Charming" because love will come when it is supposed to come.

Don't worry about being single. You can enjoy this day too! Celebrate with family or friends, or just give yourself a fun break from life. Maybe catch a movie, make something special to eat, or even just take a break from studying for a couple of hours!

Here's a few things you can do to celebrate Valentine's Day as a happy single:
  • Make a special meal and take and post pics. Treat yourself with something you make for yourself. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy or intricate. Today, I made myself a relatively healthy lunch, that still made me smile.
    I love, love, love taking food pics! I take pictures of food when I eat out, but I really love to take pictures of my own food creations, even if it's just a simple sandwich. It's all in good fun. Sometimes, my friends probably think I'm like the people in this video: 

  • Stay in and watch a romantic comedy, or maybe catch up on your favorite TV series.

He's Just Not That Into You is personally one of my favorites. And my friends and I have talked about a Grey's Anatomy night complete with snacks and wine (for those of age of course).
  • And as the previous Grey's image (courtesy of Pinterest) suggests, have a short dance party! Seriously, it can lighten the mood and add energy.
For those who may need a kick-butt song as a reminder for not needing a partner to be happy...



And finally, please enjoy this cute puppy video greeting I found on youtube:


Remember, today is about love. To love others, you must first love yourself. So don't fret if you're single on Valentine's Day, share the love with those you care about and for yourself. :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hugs & hearts,
Dottie

No comments:

Post a Comment